Thursday, November 02, 2006

Where did Fall go??


When I ask people what they like about Chicago they say, "I love living here because of the 4 Seasons." This is my second fall here, and I don't know what they are talking about. At the most there are 3 seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer, but where did Fall go?

Here is a picture I took last year that captures the one day of Fall. Fall is about crisp mornings but with a hint of warmth of the sun. Chicago serves up a bitter cold and freezing winds, not really Fall like at all.

I have been on the East Coast for Fall and Winter. Trees changing colors, smells of leaves mixed with the earth, apple cider, and the warmth of the sun. Somehow Chicago, missed all of this. Fall may visit for a day here or there, or might visit for a few hours but Fall does not reside in Chicago. Not even for an mini-holiday. Fall is more like a traveler who missed her connection at O'Hare and is just waiting around to catch the next plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home