Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Chicago Sucks!

As a child and adult I moved around dozens of times to several different cities. So when deciding whether or not to move to Chicago, I figured, "how bad could it be"? After a year and a half I know the answer to my question. Bad. Very Bad!

Before you say, "why don't you just leave then", I will say that I moved here for love. My partner was offered a once in a lifetime job opportunity that he could not pass up. As much as I would have loved to stay home, I decided I was up for the adventure. So, for the next 5 years I will have to endure the inadequacies of Chicago.

This blog is my way of venting publically about the daily events in Chitown that reiterate the view I have developed over the past year. If you have any alternative views please feel free to express them.

Since this is my blog I will lay down the rules for posting. If you would like to post you MUST be:
1. Respectful of the views of others.
2. Honest regarding what you say (if someone has a point you must concede that they are correct).
3. Remember how someone feels is THEIR opinion and if you don't agree say so, but do not ridicule them on their views.
4. Offer suggestions to help enlighten people or change their perspectives (nobody knows everything, your suggestion may just help someone get a new perspective).
5. Lastly, keep the poor language to a minimum. Like my mom used to say, "people cuss because they don't have the proper vocabulary to express how they are really feeling." If this is the case I recommend a Thesaurus or possibly a Dictionary to help you express you feelings in a more academic manner.

Cheers, and hope you enjoy my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home